Corporate Sustainability Executive Role Expectation
What makes us different
We are passionate about partnering towards your world without waste, seeing waste as so much more than the material we collect.
Our people are respectful and responsible but disruptive and daring, we all want to be the best in everything we do.
You might say we are a different type of corporate and we are looking for a different type of team member.
You will be
A passionate and enthusiastic member of the team. Your positive, can do attitude will deliver excellence throughout the business.
Your commitment to, and confidence in, delivering customer focused solutions will be instrumental in NOVATI being the best.
What we expect you to do
- By putting your customer at the heart of everything you do you will offer best in industry account management, which will demonstrate to our customers that we are a different type of corporate and that by having chosen to partner with us we will make a difference to their business.
- The Corporate Sustainability Executive will have a customer centric approach, developing strong working relationships with your dedicated customers, you will work closely with them and during this process be able to demonstrate an understanding of their needs and offering innovative, forward thinking solutions.
- You will gain and expand your knowledge of your client’s industry and that of the waste industry. Use this knowledge to offer bespoke solutions to your client base in line with the client’s needs and strategic plan without compromising legislation, service provision and margin.
- You will also be responsible for identifying new and relevant revenue streams within your customer’s portfolio.
- You will be responsible for the retention of your accounts by developing successful relationships with the key stakeholders by conducting site audits and meetings as appropriate.
- You will be the first point of contact for the customer between all internal departments at NOVATI, ensuring high levels of service delivery, debt management and communication between the client and NOVATI are in-line with KPI targets.
- You will consistently achieve KPI’s that are set by the business.
- Maintain customer records and service details using our bespoke system The Hub so information is accurate and up to date and can be used effectively throughout the business.
- Provide weekly updates to the Senior Corporate Sustainability Manager reporting on weekly activities.
- Provide a report to the Senior Corporate Sustainability Manager monthly, ready to present in the monthly Account Management meeting.
Provide monthly statistical data analysis pertinent to the client’s requirements, this should include but is not limited to:
- landfill diversion rates
- education & training support requirements
- market knowledge
- compliance updates & records and service success
The skills you will need are
Commercial awareness – you should understand NOVATI’s Vision, Mission and Core Values, be clear on the market that we compete in and who we compete against. You should understand the role that you play within NOVATI and the positive impact that you in your role has on the business.
Resilience – you must have the ability to keep positive, to cope in stressful and pressurised situations and to be open to change, with the ability to meet strict targets and deadlines
Decision making – you will be able to independently make difficult and strong decisions and be able to implement them quickly and effectively
Highly effective communication skills – you must listen well, ask good questions, build superb relationships, write clearly and talk with confidence, you need to have the ability to seek out information and pass it on appropriately throughout the business
Efficient organisation – you will need to work quickly and accurately with a strong eye for detail, so that your customers always get a good high quality service
Efficient time management – to be able to manage your own workload through effective time management with an ability to critically analyse your own performance
Confident and capable IT skills – you will be using Microsoft Office, you need to have a good level of competence, being able to operate with confidence and without supervision. You must be able to present information quickly and clearly having the ability to use all the basic functions well
Fantastic relationship builder – you will have the ability to build strong relationships, through your positive attitude and your listening skills. These relationships will enable you to do your job well supporting the department that you will work in and the departments that your work impacts on.
Great Customer Care – To be creative, focused and close to your customers driving excellence through customer care
Negotiation – you must use your integrity and assertiveness to achieve a sustainable working relationship for NOVATI and our partners
Quick thinking – you need to have the ability to think rapidly, clearly and decisively when under pressure
Application – There are routine elements which require accurate data input and focus on this is essential
Setting expectations – You will have the ability to set and manage expectations of both internal and external partners
Understanding the business – be able to learn, interpret and understand the business, the industry and the changing needs
Analytical – to use your problem-solving skills to take ownership of an issue and to work independently or with a team of people to look for alternative solutions and to implement them quickly and effectively
You must have
- Experience of Key Account Management or Sales within the waste industry
- Demonstrable experience of upselling to your portfolio of accounts
- Full clean driving licence
We will give you
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business through a tailored performance development programme
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday allowance
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A great place to work
You will report to the Senior Corporate Sustainability Manager
You will be based remotely