What makes us different
We are passionate about partnering towards your world without waste, seeing waste as so much more than the material we collect.
Our people are respectful and responsible but disruptive and daring, we all want to be the best in everything we do.
You might say we are a different type of corporate and we are looking for a different type of team member.
You will be
A passionate and enthusiastic member of the team. Your positive, can-do attitude will deliver excellence throughout the business.
Your commitment to, and confidence in, delivering customer focused solutions will be instrumental in NOVATI being the best.
What we expect you to do
- The Full Stack Developer is responsible for developing new functionality and enhancements to the company’s in-house application ecosystem, centering around our bespoke enterprise system ‘The Hub’.
- The Full Stack Developer will work closely with the IM&T Director and DBA and Systems Developer in an agile approach to develop, implement and document opportunities identified in the IM&T Development Roadmap.
- Primarily, the role will focus on delivering functionality through C# .NET Core, particularly by building on our newly developed API architecture that will help link many of the systems used across our business.
- The role may also require maintenance and development of The Hub, a system primarily written in Classic ASP, with some newer elements written in C# .NET.
- Many of our systems are underpinned with Microsoft SQL Databases. By working closely with stakeholders in the IM&T team and wider business, the Full Stack Developer will gain a detailed understanding of business processes and relate them to the underlying data structure.
- By understanding the business processes, you will identify how “the Hub” can deliver automation, efficiencies and profitability. This may initiate developments through a series of support assessments and projects that may be carried out individually or as part of a team.
- To document and present development opportunities to the IM&T Director or Board of Directors.
- The Full Stack Developer should have experience of working as part of a development team, including best practice, that can be implemented in Novati to enhance our existing processes and provide a formalised platform for development within a larger team.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Adopting an agile approach to develop and implement new functionality as per the IM&T Development Roadmap
- Liaise with business stakeholders to scope developments
- Use personal experience to help improve IM&T development practices
- Use personal experience and research to contribute to the IM&T Development Roadmap, with a particular focus on Automation and Efficiencies
- Support and further integrate/connect business applications, including but not limited to The Hub, APIs, HubSpot, Sage 200, OTRS, MS 365
- Helping drive Added Value within the business
The skills you will need for your role are
Commercial awareness – you should understand NOVATI’s Vision, Mission and Core Values, be clear on the market that we compete in and who we compete against. You should understand the role that you play within NOVATI and the positive impact that you in your role has on the business.
Resilience – you must have the ability to keep positive, to cope in stressful and pressurised situations and to be open to change, with the ability to meet strict targets and deadlines
Highly effective communication skills – you must listen well, ask good questions, build superb relationships, write clearly and talk with confidence, you need to have the ability to seek out information and pass it on appropriately throughout the business
Efficient organisation – you will need to work quickly and accurately with a strong eye for detail, so that your customers always get a good high quality service
Creativity and Passion – whilst we have an existing IM&T Development Roadmap, we expect you to use your own creativity to suggest and drive new improvements, with a particular focus on automation and process efficiencies. Being passionate about your role and end products is a critical part of successful development and also role satisfaction.
Fantastic relationship builder – you will have the ability to build strong relationships, through your positive attitude and your listening skills. These relationships will enable you to do your job well supporting the department that you will work in and the departments that your work impacts on.
Setting expectations – You will have the ability to set and manage expectations of both internal and external partners
Understanding the business – be able to learn, interpret and understand the business, the industry and the changing needs
A desire to learn more about IT – technology is always advancing, as is our infrastructure and application usage. A desire to learn more about IT is essential to keep up to date with the latest advancements, and may also pave the way for progression into our ICT infrastructure or Software Development teams
You must have
- Been a key player in an effective team
- Extensive experience as a full stack developer, ideally 5+ years in a similar technological background
- Expertise in C# .NET (ideally .NET Core)
- Exposure in developing web based scalable enterprise level products using Microsoft technologies, including MVC5
- Experience in front-end languages, including HTML5, CSS3, JS, jQuery
- Experience in MS SQL Databases
- Strong development/documentation practices
- An innovative and creative mindset and be able to use these skills to help drive the development of the system
You may have
- Experience across DevOps lifecycle and associated software/tools
- Knowledge or experience of installation and configuration of Application-related server software (SQL Server, IIS)
- Experience in automation testing tools, including Selenium
- Advanced understanding of modern UI/UX trends.
- Advanced understanding of responsive design and building for a mobile-first experience.
- Certifications are a plus
- Exposure to the Facilities Management or Waste Management industry
We will give you
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business through a tailored performance development programme
- A competitive salary
- An annual company performance related bonus
- Enhanced holiday allowance
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A great place to work
You will report to the IM&T Director.
You will be based in Newark, Nottinghamshire at our Head Office location with the ability to work from home.