AMA SALES TEAM LEADER
What makes us different?
We are passionate about partnering towards your world without waste, seeing waste as so much more than the material we collect.
You might say we are a different type of corporate and we are looking for a different type of team member.
What we expect you to do:
A passionate and enthusiastic leader of the team, with a positive, can-do attitude that will deliver excellence throughout the business.
Your commitment to, and confidence in, delivering customer focused solutions will be instrumental in AMA being the best.
As part of your busy Sales team, you will be responsible for driving the business forward through securing new business by maximising the sales potential of in-bound calls.
You will put your proven sales expertise and considerable initiative to deliver a solid pipeline of prospects selling waste management services.
The Sales Team Leader will:
Consistently achieve financial standards and field your share of the in-bound sales enquiries.
Through your highly developed sales techniques you will establish the skip hire needs of commercial and domestic customers and provide appropriate commercial solutions, maintaining an average margin of at least 15%.
Operational day to day management
- Proactive management of incoming calls and allocating work to the team where necessary.
- Demonstrate workforce planning in action with a flexible approach to resource allocation dependent on demand.
- Represent your department in internal and external meetings, showing an understanding of the needs of the customer, your department, and the business as a whole.
- Active involvement in the Management meetings and Departmental meeting
- Recruitment of Sales Executives; screening CV’s, interviewing and final decision
- Support of the onboarding and probation period for any Sales Executives in your remit.
- Provide or ensure the delivery of support to ensure excellence is delivered at all times.
Empower, lead, and motivate your team by supporting, advising, and continually demonstrating to each team member to ensure your team provides outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
Ensure a programme of engagement exists on your team and support delivery at a department level to help drive employee engagement and retention rates.
Ensure you have an understanding of your teams’ talent and areas of performance improvement, ensuring plans exist to support their development.
Conduct monthly one to ones and weekly team meetings to support team members to ensure excellent customer service is delivered at all times.
Work with HR to find a resolution to any people management situations, escalate to SM as appropriate including but not exclusively PIPs, PDPs, Absence Management, Disciplinary and Capability.
Have a basic understanding of current UK Employment Law and effectively manage your employees with this knowledge.
Manage your own daily workload with the support of regular one-to-one’s with your direct manager.
As a Team Leader leading the Sales Team you will be required to deliver against your personal targets, ensure that your team members achieve their targets and therefore contribute to the overall success of the team.
Set team & individual targets and continually monitor and report to the Sales Manager on team performance, implement strategies to improve the effectiveness of the team & individuals.
Prepare an informative & useful departmental monthly report by the set deadline for the Management Meetings.
The competencies you will need are:
Highly effective communication skills – you must listen well, ask good questions, build superb relationships, write clearly and talk with confidence
Efficient organisation – you will need to work quickly and accurately with a strong eye for detail, so that your customers always get a good high-quality service
Efficient time management – to be able to manage your own workload through effective time management
Confident and capable IT skills – You will be using Microsoft Office. You need to have a good level of competence, being able to operate with confidence and without supervision. You must be able to present information quickly and clearly having the ability to use all the basic functions well
Great Customer Care – To be creative, focused and close to your customers driving excellence through customer care
Negotiation – Be able to negotiate and identify new business opportunities
You will have:
- The ability to drive and motivate yourself, you will be results-orientated with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality customer service and business profit.
- The ability to forward plan and be able to critically analyse your own performance.
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict targets and deadlines.
- Pride in your role and will be well presented, eloquent and professional.
- A passionate and an enthusiastic member of the team. Your positive, can-do attitude will deliver excellence throughout the business.
- An ability to be there for each member of your Key Account Management team.
We will give you:
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business through a tailored performance development programme
- An attractive salary & bonus
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A great place to work
You will report to the Sales Manager
This is a full-time role based in our Head Office in Kings Lynn