CUSTOMER SERVICES EXECUTIVE
What makes us different?
We are passionate about partnering towards your world without waste, seeing waste as so much more than the material we collect.
Our people are respectful and responsible but disruptive and daring, we all want to be the best in everything we do.
You might say we are a different type of corporate and we are looking for a different type of team member.
You will be:
A passionate and enthusiastic member of the team. Your positive, can-do attitude will deliver excellence throughout the business.
Your commitment to, and confidence in, delivering customer focused solutions will be instrumental in NOVATI being the best.
What we expect you to do:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our network of partners across the UK through effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Effectively deal with customer queries through thorough investigation and effective questioning, accurately recording the process using the Hub and providing an outstanding customer services experience.
- Deliver outstanding Customer Services both internally and externally through having a proactive attitude and taking ownership for everything that you work on.
- Manage your own daily workload with the support of regular one to ones with your direct manager. As a key member of the Customer Services Team, you will be required to deliver against your personal targets and therefore contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Maintain customer records and service details using our bespoke system The Hub so information is accurate and up to date and can be used effectively throughout the business.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure that we deliver to our customers the most effective solution to deal with their waste requirements. Through this negotiation, you will secure competitive market rates and delivering back to our customer best in class service whilst maintain company profit margins.
- You will gain and expand your knowledge of your client’s industry and that of the waste industry. You will make a difference to your customer by using this knowledge to offer bespoke solutions to your client base in line with the client’s needs and strategic plan without compromising legislation, service provision and margin.
The skills you will need for your role are :
Commercial awareness – you should understand NOVATI’s Vision, Mission and Core Values, be clear on the market that we compete in and who we compete against. You should understand the role that you play within NOVATI and the positive impact that you in your role has on the business.
Resilience – you must have the ability to keep positive, to cope in stressful and pressurised situations and to be open to change, with the ability to meet strict targets and deadlines
Decision making – you will be able to independently make difficult and strong decisions and be able to implement them quickly and effectively
Highly effective communication skills – you must listen well, ask good questions, build superb relationships, write clearly and talk with confidence, you need to have the ability to seek out information and pass it on appropriately throughout the business
Efficient organisation – you will need to work quickly and accurately with a strong eye for detail, so that your customers always get a good high quality service
Efficient time management – to be able to manage your own workload through effective time management with an ability to critically analyse your own performance
Confident and capable IT skills – you will be using Microsoft Office, you need to have a good level of competence, being able to operate with confidence and without supervision. You must be able to present information quickly and clearly having the ability to use all the basic functions well
Fantastic relationship builder – you will have the ability to build strong relationships, through your positive attitude and your listening skills. These relationships will enable you to do your job well supporting the department that you will work in and the departments that your work impacts on.
Great Customer Care – To be creative, focused and close to your customers driving excellence through customer care
Negotiation – you must use your integrity and assertiveness to achieve a sustainable working relationship for NOVATI and our partners
Quick thinking – you need to have the ability to think rapidly, clearly and decisively when under pressure
Application – There are routine elements which require accurate data input and focus on this is essential
Setting expectations – You will have the ability to set and manage expectations of both internal and external partners
Understanding the business – be able to learn, interpret and understand the business, the industry, and the changing needs
You must have:
- Delivered outstanding Customer Services in a previous role
- The ability to work on your own and manage your time whilst being an effective team member.
- Grade C in Math’s & English GCSE
- Basic IT skills, being able to use Word & Excel
You may have:
Experience working in the waste industry
We will give you:
- A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
- The opportunity to grow with a business through a tailored performance development programme
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday allowance
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- A great place to work
You will report to the Customer Services Team Leader or the Senior Customer Services Executive
You will be based in Newark, Nottinghamshire at our Head Office location